Happy Fav Five Friday!
Masters of Social Media are putting “Social” into Media while personalities shine!
I am writing this because I realize that sometimes I forget basic social graces when communicating in the social media world. A few days ago my close friend emails me a message. A few minutes later she emails me again. About an hour later she calls me and asks me if I saw her email. I told her that I thought I saw something in my inbox that looked like it might of been for me from her email address. The body of the two emails were never addressed to me. There was nothing toward the top like “Good morning Dan”, “Hello Dan”, “hi dan”, matter of fact, my name was not there at all. No “Hey, how’s it going?”, just plowing right into the announcement, like spam mail. No signature toward the bottom. I barely pay attention to my email because of social media, especially tools like Twitter. I believe if it’s really that important, I will get an instant message, a tweet, or a phone call, just like this day. I am using email less because I am committed to social media.
I am amazed with the people I have met in the social media world
I have the social graces of a backward 12 year old, but I’m learning. I have surrounded myself with mentors, I read something to improve these skills everyday, and I talk with people to get all the help I need. Here are some resources that will help you on your successful path to understanding social media.
Fav Five Friday’s Resources for tapping into your personality for improving the social side of social media
- Get on the Clue Train! I never get tired of reading this over, I discover something new every time.
- Connect with Warren Witlock @WarrenWhitlock | http://twitterhandbook.com/ He is a great guy and has helped me with some great tips on Twitter.
- Connect with Mari Smith @MariSmith | http://whyfacebook.com/She puts “Social” into Social Media.
- Connect with Lorelle VanFossen @lorelleonwp | http://lorelle.wordpress.com Take your blogging skills to the next level.
- Connect with Chris Brogan @chrisbrogan | http://www.chrisbrogan.com Find your voice in business.
If you would like to add social media buttons & badges to your site, then you may want to take a look at these http://www.10e20.com/blog/2009/02/17/ultimate-how-to-social-media-buttons-tools-and-badges-resource/
Bonus Video about being more social
We would love to hear from you, please share your social media experience here.