The Future of Social Business & Enterprise 2.0
The Collective Intelligence of Social Business
We are about to embark on an innovative journey that will transform the workforce. This new innovation age will blur the lines of work and play. Integrating internal and external Social Media into Enterprise workflows to support collaborative business intelligence will become more of a priority. The future of Social Business will empower the workforce, partners, and customers in the process of co-creation that will drive new levels of innovation across multiple markets. These new business models will begin to harness the power of Collective Intelligence as the Enterprise explores collaboration beyond it’s main silo, the firewall.
“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” – Aristotle
The State of Social Business
Jeremiah Owyang’s “State of Social Business” presentation at LeWeb2011 covers why it is important to have a Social Business Strategy in this video.
Social Business Predictions & Trends for 2012
This year will set the stage for the decade of”radical innovation”. Everyone may not have flying cars in 2022, but business models as we know them today will seem like ancient cave etchings. There were several interesting predictions and trends in our Collection of Enterprise 2.0 Predictions & Tech Trends for 2011. This will be the year of the Social Scientist and Data Artist.
- Cloud Computing: Implementing cloud computing in the Enterprise and Government will be a prime focus. This effort will start to mature beyond private virtual clouds and Software as a Service (SaaS) to include Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and exploring Business Process as a Service (BPaaS).
- Web-Oriented Architecture (WOA): web-oriented architecture extends service-oriented architecture (SOA). It’s RESTful methods will help support cloud computing across multiple environments and devices.
- Gamification: This is not angry birds in the workplace, but the use of Game Design Thinking for supporting collaboration and innovation. Social Scientists will help organizations put an emphasis on psychology over technology to help others achieve the state of flow in business processes.
- Mobile: Organizations will make real investments into supporting mobile technologies. Tablets and Smart Phones are slowly replacing the standard computers in the workforce. The use of web-based apps and widgets on mobile devices will become more standard.
- Big Data: Context will become the new king as organizations leverage internal and external data sources and social networks for business intelligence.
- Enterprise App Stores & Business Intelligence Dashboards: Understanding information at the speed of business will help ensure success. Visualizing business intelligence will move from IT departments to business departments. Technologies like JackBe’s Presto Platform empower business leaders with the ability to “assemble” apps like lego blocks to support business decisions.
- Identity Management: Yes, the silos are crumbling and this includes corporate firewalls. Supporting collaboration and secure communication across multiple environments and devices will have thought leaders thinking beyond firewalls and the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL). This shift from “need to know” to “need to share” will drive the use of intelligent point-to-point controls. Attribute-Based Access Controls (ABAC) and Policy-Based Access Controls with eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) will be considered as alternatives to Role-Based Controls. Additional thoughts about Identity Entitlement and Access Management (IdEA) are available at Jericho Forum.
Social Business Thought Leaders on Twitter
This Social Business Thought Leader twitter game board represents people focused on sharing ideas about Social Business Strategy. Connect with more social business thought leaders on this twitter list: Social Business Strategy Leaders.
A Collection of Social Business Predictions & Tech Trends
- The Future of Cloud Computing: Industry Predictions for 2012
- Dachis Group: Social Business Predictions for 2012
- Michael Wu: Future of Collaborative Enterprise
- CNN: The Top 10 tech trends for 2012
- The brainyard: Social Business In 2012: Enter The Water Dragon
- Gartner: Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users for 2012 and Beyond
- CIO: Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2012
- IBM’s Social Business Predictions for 2012
- Deloitte Predicts the Top 10 Technology Trends for 2012
- Real Story Group: 2012 Technology Predictions
- BCW: Top 5 Network Technology Predictions For 2012
- The Next Web Architecture
- MainStreet: 10 Tech Predictions for 2012
- 10 Biggest Social Business Stories Of 2011
- 10 Ways Cloud Computing Will Disrupt our Businesses in 2012
- How Digital Business Will Evolve in 2012: 6 Big Ideas
- Tech Trends That’ll Kill It In 2012
- 7 Gamification Predictions for 2012
Social Intranets in Social Business
Collective intelligence structures that harness network effects improve as more people use them. Learn more from “Social Intranets in Social Business” by Lee Bryant.
This new innovation age in Social Business will remind us of the Industrial Age, but instead of mining for precious gems of gold and silver, we will be mining for precious gems of knowledge. Instead of factories that pollute our environment will have idea factories that improve our environments.