The Business of Implementing Enterprise 2.0
Ross Dawson does an amazing job of sharing the Value Strategy for implementing Enterprise 2.0.
I am a professional Enterprise 2.0 developer and fixing poor implementations of Enterprise 2.0 has paid me well over the years. Some organizations have invested countless hours and thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to implement E 2.0 and knowledge management solutions. Most of these solutions fail, mostly because they lack a strong implementation strategy and the adoption rate dies.
I believe most people would like more time and reduced workloads. I also believe most organizations would like higher productivity and profits. Everyone wins when Enterprise 2.0 solutions are implemented with a winning strategy. Ross carefully explains all the necessary steps for a successful Enterprise 2.0 solution.
- Ross explains the Business Value of Social Media tools like Blogs, Wikis, Micro blogs (internal Twitter), Social bookmarking, …
- He includes many case studies (missing from most E 2.0 info) and details about Business Culture.
- The Golden Nuggets in the “Adoption” sections are priceless.
- The charts and graphs are absolutely beautiful.
- There is something here for everyone.
I have read some of these other reviews about how some of this information is available on the web. This is true, Ross Dawson is on Twitter and has a blog. He also offers a free “Social Media” chapter from his book on his web site.
This book can save you countless hours and dollars.
If you are looking for code or tools, then this book is not for you.
If you want to implement successful Enterprise 2.0, then get this book today!
I also recommend getting a few extra copies for your colleagues.