Apple iPhone along with Web 2.0 and Social Media Technologies in the Enterprise
Industry leaders have already recognized the value of Social Media and Web 2.0 technologies and are finding creative ways to support their workforce with Enterprise 2.0 Solutions that take advantage of methods that allow people to easily communicate and collaborate.
The success of an Enterprise 2.0 Solution is directly related to positive user experience. The power of Enterprise 2.0 comes from empowering people with the ability to connect with other people and information by methods in which they are already familiar. This leads us to finding methods of incorporating mobile technologies into the Enterprise.
Creating Apple iPhone Applications for Enterprise 2.0
Steve Jobs and his team at Apple seem to know a thing or two about user experience. We can leverage the positive iPhone user experience and support to empower people in the Mobile Enterprise. The success level for Mobile Enterprise is related to support. Apple supports their iPhone app developer community with a complete Software Development Kit (SDK), countless tutorials, articles, and training. The developer community extends Apple’s support effort by providing endless resources in support of your development efforts. Take a peek at How to Build Apple iPhone Applications to get started right now.
iPhone Developer Summit in New York
The next two-day iPhone Developer Summit is being held in New York City (June 22-23, 2009), at The Roosevelt Hotel, co-located with the 7th International AJAXWorld RIA Conference & Expo.
A tremendous amount of information will be shared, but here are a few things that stand out.
Fav Five iPhone Summit Topics
|Break The Mold – iPhone for the Mobile Enterprise
Senthil Krishnapillai – Director of Product Management, Sybase iAnywhere
– This session will discuss how companies, to truly realize the power of the iPhone in the enterprise, need a mobile infrastructure to move away from single ‘one-off’ applications to a more strategic mobile platform
|iPhone Development in an Enterprise Environment
Travis Siegfried – Application Developer, IBM
– This session will explain the important aspects of iPhone development in today’s fast-paced enterprise environment including ‘tips and tricks’ to building a business application.
|From the Trenches: Key Lessons from Enterprise iPhone
Joe Pezzillo – Founder, Metafy LLC,
– This session will present several key lessons learned developing enterprise apps, from both technical and project management perspectives.
|Combining REST and Context for Killer iPhone Apps
Jason Christensen – Proprietor, jasonc411.com
– This session will look at using web services, cloud computing, and the sensors on the iPhone to create applications that exceed what could previously be done on mobile devices.
|Getting Started Programming with Objective-C and the iPhone
Julio Barros – Consultant, E-String Technologies
– This session will talk about tips and strategies to best learn your way around Objective-C, Cocoa Touch and the XCode development tools.
Thanks to Ian Thain for putting together such a great lineup for the New York iPhone Developer Summit!
|Ian Thain is Senior Technical Evangelist at Sybase Inc, where he works on the Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP). He is also Editor of iPhone Developer’s Magazine. Thain is an expert technologist has been involved in Enterprise Mobility from 2003 and in his customer facing role, he is very involved with the design, production and testing of Enterprise class UnWired Solutions that have been implemented using Sybase’s UnWired tools for Sybase customers around the globe.|
Attending the iPhone Developer Summit in New York?
I hope to meet a lot of like-minded people wanting to learn more about creating iPhone Applications while at the iPhone Developer Summit.
|We can easily stay connected with Twitter at http://twitter.com/WebTechMan|
Happy Fav Five Friday! See you in New York!