Fav Five Friday: How to build Apple iPhone Apps
Happy Fav Five Friday! Today I would like to share some resources for developing Apple iPhone Applications. What is your favorite thing on your iPhone?
5 iPhone Application Developer Resources
- Apple iPhone Developers
- The iPhone Dev Center provides access to technical resources and information to assist you in developing with the latest technologies in iPhone OS. Log in with your Registered iPhone Developer Apple ID and password, or sign-up as a free Registered iPhone Developer today.
- Xcode Mac OS X IDE
- Xcode is Apple’s premiere development environment for Mac OS X.
- iPhone Software Development Kit
- Registered iPhone Developers can download iPhone SDK for iPhone OS 2.2.1 which includes the Xcode IDE, iPhone simulator, and a suite of additional tools for developing applications for iPhone and iPod touch.
- iPhone Developer’s Workshop
- Learn to build mobile applications for today’s most popular platform: Apple’s iPhone and iPod touch. In this dynamic, two-day workshop, you’ll get up to speed on the basics, including the Cocoa programming environment, the Xcode suite of tools, the Objective-C language, and Instruments, a tool to help debug your applications. And then you’ll create two real iPhone applications.
- iPhone Developer’s Bootcamp
- If you want to write applications that run on the iPhone, you should attend the iPhone Bootcamp. After a brief introduction to the Objective-C language and the Foundation framework, we delve into the toolchain and the classes that make up the iPhone UI framework. We deal with drawing using Core Graphics, Core Animation, and OpenGL. We also discuss issues in the multi-touch event handling.
What is your favorite iPhone App Developer resource?
5 iPhone App Development Books at Amazon
Certain technologies bring out everyone’s hidden geek, and iPhone did the moment it was released. Even though Apple created iPhone as a closed device, tens of thousands of developers bought them with the express purpose of designing and running third-party software. In this clear and concise book, veteran hacker Jonathan Zdziarski — one of the original hackers of the iPhone — explains the iPhone’s native environment and how you can build software for this device using its Objective-C, C, and C++ development frameworks.
The iPhone and iPod touch aren’t just attracting millions of new users; their breakthrough development platform enables programmers to build tomorrow’s killer applications. If you’re getting started with iPhone programming, this book brings together tested, ready-to-use code for hundreds of the challenges you’re most likely to encounter. Use this fully documented, easy-to-customize code to get productive fast—and focus your time on the specifics of your application, not boilerplate tasks.
This practical book offers the knowledge and code you need to create cutting-edge mobile applications and games for the iPhone and iPod Touch, using Apple’s iPhone SDK. iPhone SDK Application Development introduces you to this development paradigm and the Objective-C language it uses with numerous examples, and also walks you through the many SDK frameworks necessary for designing full-featured applications.
The book starts with the basics, walking you through the process of downloading and installing Apple’s free iPhone SDK, then stepping you though the creation of your first simple iPhone application. You’ll move on from there, mastering all the iPhone interface elements that you’ve come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, sliders, etc.
Do you have a favorite iPhone SDK book?
How to Build iPhone Apps: 5 Tutorials
- iPhone RSS App Tutorial
- iPhone SDK Tutorials
- First iPhone SDK App
- Build a calculator app with iPhone SDK
- iPhone RSS App Advanced
Add your favorite iPhone tutorials in the comments here.
How to develop iPhone Application Videos
Twitter iPhone Apps
Add your thought about using Twitter on iPhone.